2009/05/15

Day 13.5 - 26 mins - 2.8 miles

Still recovering from flu / cold so I haven't run since Monday. It was also a rough couple nights with the kids lately, too. I have been having breakfast before my runs because I've been running after dropping off the kids and just before work. Today I had some banana, yogurt, cottage cheese, and an energy bar.

It was a quick morning so I actually hit the road just before 8am. I ran the beartown loop in my Fitness Gear shorts, NB 1224's, a t-shirt, and a fleece - I think that's the first time I ever wore that fleece for running. I started w/ my Nike hat, but removed it shortly into the run as I was too hot. I felt really slow at the beginning but coming down the backstretch towards the Fire Department, I felt great. My pace had picked up a bit even though my breathing was in 2, out 3, I was able to keep the pace up for .5 miles. I ran past my intended stop point and was starting to feel pretty fatigued in my quads when I stopped. I didn't feel the acid build-up in my muscles, but I didn't want to push myself too much. I did have to slow down a couple times to cough or blow my nose - it was annoying. It felt great when i got done, though. My weight was down to 216 yesterday and back up to 217 this morning, but I expect there is a chance for me to be down to 215 by the time we go to MA tomorrow. I ate fish for lunch even :-)