2009/05/01

Day 11.5 - Friday - Beartown Road

I dropped off the kids today and parked at the Fire Department. I ran counter-clockwise up Forest, left onto South Hamilton, left onto Beartown, and left again onto Forest. I made it back to Fieldview at 24:27:95 which I clocked at 2.6 miles for a pace of 9:25 per mile - a nice improvement over my 10-minute pace. I then jogged another tenth-of-a-mile down Fieldview to Jacob and walked back as a cool down.
It was a good workout with some nice up-hills on Beartown. I definitely think I run faster when I have more of a warm-up. I need to get back to my jumping-jacks & joint rotations prior to running - maybe that will help my calves. I feel pretty good now, but did have to ice up my left shin. My legs hurt as soon as I moved, but it felt good to have pushed through it and completed the circle. I'm surprised my shins hurt, but I did have a game last night with a lot of running.
My weight was 219 this morning and unfortunately I went out to lunch (& dessert) for Regina's going away party so that might go up a bit tomorrow. But I am continuing my downward trend and just need to stay active and keep sleeping.
I wore my Asics (I've GOT to get another pair!) and they were great. I wore shorts for the first time this year and I think it definitely made a difference over the tights. Tights do support the legs & circulation and all, but I think the spandex makes the muscles work harder, too. I wore a long sleeve shirt and my Nike jacket but the jacket was overkill and I ended up carrying it for 1/2 the run.