2009/05/06

Day 12.3 - Wednesday - Creekside 1.9miles

I thought I was running 2 miles, but after completiong, turns out it was only 1.9. I was wicked tired / sleepy because Brennan has a newfound appetite for midnight waking. I ran in shorts, t-shirt, Adidas hat, and my NB sneakers.
I've learned that I LOVE running w/ a hat on which is weird - it feels like it helps me focus and I don't squint at much.
I started at the FD, ran onto Creekside and did the loop back to Forest. I intentionaly tried to run faster, especially at the beginning and completed the first 1.1 miles (corner by Peaches-n-Cream) in 9:04! I then took a few slow down breaks and picked it up when returning to Forest and happily, I kept my breathing at 3/3 almost the entire time. After I got to the Creekside intersection again I then sprinted at about 80% to a driveway that I thought was 2 miles but obviously, I was just short. I have lax games tonight & tomorrow so I'll be doing my hill workout on Friday and maybe an easy jog on Saturday.