2009/05/11

Day 13.1 - 40 mins - 4.2 miles

Very tough to get out of bed today. Didn't get to sleep until 11, baby woke up at 1 & 4. By the time I finished feeding him at 4:30, it was time for me to get up and get ready for the run. I'm recovering or in the middle of a cold and it was only 37 degrees when I started. I wore a knit hat and gloves it was so cold.

I started at the Y and ran up Williams and merged onto Pulteney. I got to the 4-corners in Painted Post and took a right up Hamilton street and another right onto Platt Ave. I took Platt down to Delaware then then left onto Pulteney back to the Y. I think there was a headwind going out and not going back, but nothing serious. My pace works out to 9:34 which isn't great, but I was down to 217 this morning which means I'm continuing to make progress. I didn't eat much dinner last night (Sunday), refereed 3 games on Saturday, and was up from 11-2 with Brennan on Saturday night so my sluggishness may just be from the exhaustion of a long weekend. I had some yogurt and cereal before the run - I've been eating before the runs lately which is also probably affecting my times and energy. Definitely need to rest up tonight. I'm going to try to up my load to 4 running days per week - 1 long, 1 easy, rest day, hills / speed, easy, rest day. Not sure how that schedule will work with the family, but I am so close to getting so much better!