2009/03/17

Day 5.3 - after 1 week delay

I ran today at 11am in Big Flats just before lunch with Annie. As previously mentioned, I took a week off because of me & the baby. Things looked better this morning and the weather was beautiful. Annie had to head to work early so I had to get all 3 kids ready so I didn't run in the morning.
It was warm enough that I didn't need my tights - bummer - and I was actually a bit too warm with my long sleeve shirt and jacket. Thank goodness I was in shorts. The run was actually quite tiring to my legs which I can't ever recall happening. I was using my New Balance 1224's, but I had the RRS Cush Runner inserts inside - perhaps the extra cushioning sapped my strength. I'll hopefully find out on Friday when I run again. I'm refereeing tomorrow night (scrimmage) so I'll also take Thursday off and then get back on schedule Friday & Saturday. Today I ran 14 minutes and walked 1. I was a few minutes late to meet Annie, but she was a good sport about it thankfully. On Friday I'll run 14 minutes again and on Saturday it's up to 15 mins.