2009/03/10

day 5.2 - daylight savings time

I didn't run on Monday because Brennan had a rough night and I was still trying to get used to daylight savings time. Last night was even worse and since Brennan had me up at 4, 4:20, and 4:45, I decided to go running anyway. On the brighter side, I was able to start early because I ran outside instead of in the Y.

I started in the parking lot, went West towards Bridge, then left onto Williams - I think - towards Corning Gas. I made it all the way past the FastTrac before my 12 minutes was up. After walking for 1 minute, I continued to the Route 17 overpass and then headed back. I stayed on Pulteney until CMoG and ended my run at the Y. I had a relaxed few minutes to stretch, the shower was all mine, and I made it home by 6:30 on the dot. My shins bothered me only slightly and I wore my Brooks Adrenaline. I'm glad I'm tracking this so I can determine if the Saucony's are hurting me or not.

It felt good to run, but I've been going downhill ever since and I've got the kids all to myself tonight. I'm so beat I'll probably sneak in a nap before picking up Allison. And probably just get McD's for the kids.