2009/03/04

4.3 - Great Day

Wow - it's amazing how much better I feel & run when I get enough sleep. Little B only woke up once in the night at 2am and let us all get some much needed rest. I woke up before my alarm and was ready to go.

I was up to 224 lbs this morning, but considering I had to take all day off yesterday to be with Alli and her broken arm, not really surprising. It is still quite cold these days and I was glad to be in the gym. Today was 9 minutes of running with 1 minute of walking and I ran less than a 10 minute / mile pace. Not much less - we're talking 9:50 or so, but still better than my normal time. My shins didn't hurt and the only thing that bugged me was my right hip, but the track direction was clockwise instead of counter-clockwise so that's probably it. I cannot wait until spring when I can run outside. I need it to as my runs will start being longer so I need to start earlier in order to get back to the house to get the kids ready for school. The Boilermaker (15K) is just 4 months away :-)