2009/02/27

3.5 - Friday morning

Late night with Annie, but still managed to drag myself to the gym and ran 6mins, walked 1 min (4 times) and ended w/ a 2 min run. I picked up the pace a bit on some of my laps and before my last set felt / heard a small pop in my left shin. I immediately slowed it down and didn't feel any further discomfort, but that does seem to be the area where I might be developing shing splints, though 3 hours later, I barely feel any pain, even when pushing on the spot. I also have a sore spot on my back near my right kidney. I probably just slept wrong, but gotta keep accurate records.

All in all, it was a good run. I weight 223.4 this morning and I'm continually motivated by my weight loss. Hopefully I'll be down around 215 (or less) when referee season starts. Looks like I'll have a week of rest coming up as Annie is headed for a week-long work assignment out of the area. It might be a good idea to take a break.