2016/05/23

Glad THAT's over!

So Friday night I left work a bit early to race home & get Allison to her dance recital practice for the Elmira studio. We got home around 9:30pm. While we were doing that, Annie took the boys to the school variety show rehearsal. They were done much sooner.


Saturday morning Annie, her dad, & the boys went to Centerway for a 1-mile walk in support of a local charity. It was promoted by Father Lou Brown and sounds like they had fun. I drove Allison back out to Elmira for rehearsal with the Watkins Glen studio. Brennan missed a soccer festival with everything going on. Allison & I were in Elmira until 1:30pm at which point we raced home, let the dog out, got Annie a coffee, and then went to the school variety show - she was in act # 1 and 12 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgx44u_HDmU). After that it was the "cast" party at the real school which went until 8pm. Then we spent a fun hour or two packing / re-packing / and re-packing for Sunday because...


At 10am I left the house w/ the boys & took them to the grandparents. They would eventually go to church w/ Dudey & have McDonalds for lunch. After dropping them off I put gas in the car and then dashed home to pick up Annie & Allison. We headed to Elmira for the recital with the Watkins Glen studio. I dropped them off around 11:15, then went to Wegmans for flowers & subs. Recital was from 1-3:30 - I really screwed up the Daddy / Daughter dance. We didn't go too far after that because...


Leslies School of Dance team showcase (the traveling team that goes to competitions around the state) was from 5-6. At 6, the Elmira studio recital began. It was much bigger and went until 9:30pm. The boys & grandparents showed up around 6pm and stayed the whole time. I used up my cash buying snacks for them as they hadn't eaten dinner. After packing up Allison & driving everyone home, the boys were starving so I made mac & cheese from a box - not happy about that but it was 10:15. Then I looked at my phone & saw the reminder that I had to go to work to do the period closing. I got almost everyone into some bed and left right around 11. I vowed to be home within an hour, but the recent server migration is really slowing things down. I didn't get to leave until after midnight.


I made it home safely, took care of the pets, and went to bed. My alarm woke me at 6am, though I didn't go running or walking or anything. I eventually folded laundry, got cereal from the store, and made breakfast. I even made it to work and put in a full day (add in the time from the previous night). Soccer practice tonight but thankfully, work has been very dull and slow which is a nice break from the weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment