1998/07/15

PBL in Orlando recap

Orlando was actually a blast! Thursday & Friday I did the institute for leaders. Didn't go out Wednesday night because I was tired, but Paul snored so badly I woke up and still didn't get enough sleep.So I went out every other night - why not? Jen Friedburg had broken up with her boyfriend and I tried to hang around with her as much as possible. On Thursday we all went to the Dance Hall on the Boardwalk. Had a spitting incident with ice & Paula. Or maybe that was Friday. Also went to the House of Blues on Pleasure Island. Got Eric a t-shirt. Place was cool. Went to Comedy Club one night but left early. It was very good, though. Monday night (our last) we went back to the Dance Hall and just sat outside due to the crowd. They were doing swing-era music though and people were having a blast. It was nice to see.

We went to Animal Kingdom on Sunday. The Bug Show (3D) was a blast. Took the Safari ride which was okay. Bird show was wonderful. They brought out a live bald eagle. It gave me goosebumps. We heard the boat ride was stupid so we didn't go. The dinosaur ride was cool - we went on it twice. Then we went to MGM and the Great Movie ride - not so great. But the Tower of Terror was worth the price of admission all by itself. Drop, up, Drop, up, Drop. We rode that twice also.

The convention was okay. Lots of stupid stuff also. But Paul, Paula, and myself won 1st place for Business Decision Making. Top 3 were us, U of Florida, and U of Kentucky. I'll never forget that moment.

I met Sarah Pike from Arizona. She's the new Southwest Region National VP.

No comments:

Post a Comment