1998/03/18

Seneca Rocks, WV


Climbed in a cave. Man I was scared. I got so cold my fingers & toes were numb. I started to back off the rock, but Dan wouldn't let me really, and I found a good rest where I was able to relax and get the blood going. By then it was raining so much we decided to leave, but AFTER I finished the route. Went back to White's Run Road. Dog was still there so now we're waiting to use phone again.



Don't know what's going to happen now. Except lunch, that is. Good thing I brought rain gear!! Feet are still toasty thanks to Wigwam. Boots are great. Long underwear pants are nice. Wool inserts from my army gloves are a MUST from now on. I envy Dick's slippers - I'm still stuck in my heavy boots.

Gotta remind myself to THINK before I climb & not rush it. Be patient & confident!

No comments:

Post a Comment